This is an exciting and emotional day for you so here are a few tips and tricks to make your day go smoothly.
- Eat breakfast and have snacks with you throughout the day. You will need your energy and nobody wants a hangry bride. And drink plenty water...and champagne!
- Take a relaxing shower or even better, a soak in a tub, give your skin including your face a gentle exfoliation (unless you got a spray tan) and DONT WASH YOUR HAIR unless your stylist tells you to. Slightly dirty hair usually works better for up dos and styles and freshly exfoliated skin will help makeup lay nicely on the skin and photograph beautifully.
- Apply a light layer of moisturizer to your face along with any eye creams and body lotions. Moisturized skin makes for a great makeup base and brighter photos.
- If you will be outside in the sun I suggest applying a sunscreen of SPF 15-30. Try to avoid really white sunscreens that do not blend into your skin as these will reflect in photos. Most sunscreens are fine and makeup and photography technology has improved over the years that this usually isn't a problem anymore.
- Be on time to your hair and makeup appointments. Your stylists are usually booked back to back and weddings are a lot of pressure. Ensuring we have ample time to dedicate to your wedding look will help us in our creativity and we can all have a lot of fun and enjoy the day.
- Appoint a trusted friend or family member to be your go to person for the day. For some reason during a wedding most people lose the ability to make a decision and they feel they must ask the bride to ensure you are happy with whatever mundane thing it is they are asking about. By the time the day of comes around most everything is done and you know what needs to be done. Tell a trusted decision maker and have them handle the small stuff and the stressful last minute things for you. You should be able to enjoy the day you worked so hard to make happen not stressing the small stuff. Trust me, this is very important.
- HAVE FUN!